Hair loss or Alopecia is an incredibly emotionally distressing hair disorder. Hair loss can be of several types, the most frequent being androgenetic alopecia which refers to male pattern baldness or female pattern baldness. Natural remedies can drastically enhance this hair disorder. Telogen effluvium is another hair disorder which appears as a diffuse thinning of hair on the scalp and is brought on by an adjustment in the number of hair follicles growing hair. This condition is completely reversible. Another common type of hair loss is the Alopecia areata (AA). It is an autoimmune disease in which the body`s immune method attacks the hair follicles. Other sorts of alopecia such as scarring alopecia can cause a lot of damage and permanent hair loss. Again, congenital hypotrichosis is a hair disorder that involves genetic aberrations or defects of embryonic improvement.
Read on Hair Care and Stop Hair Loss
Causes of hair loss
1. Hormonal imbalance
2. Dandruff or lice
3. Difficulties with bowel movement
4. Particular drugs and chemicals
5. Anemia, weakness right after diseases, pressure, and anxiousness
6. Genetic aberrations
Home Treatments for Hair Loss
1. Onion has also been identified as useful in patchy baldness. The affected location should be rubbed with onions morning and evening till it is red. It should be rubbed with honey afterward.
2. The application of coconut milk all over the scalp and massaging it into the hair roots is also helpful in the remedy of hair loss. It nourishes the hair and promotes hair development. Coconut milk is prepared by grinding the coconut shavings and squeezing them nicely.
3. The paste of licorice, made by grinding the pieces in milk with a pinch of saffron, is yet another useful remedy for patchy baldness. This paste must be applied to the bald patches at evening just before going to bed.
4. Everyday application of refined coconut oil, mixed with lime water and lime juice, on the hair, prevents loss of hair and lengthens it.
5. Application of the juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also regarded advantageous.
6. A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers following washing the hair with cold water is 1 of the most successful among the number of home treatments for the prevention and treatment of loss of hair. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it begins to tingle. The heat will activate the sebaceous glands and energize the circulation of blood in the affected location, making the hair develop wholesomely.
7. The juice of alfalfa, in mixture with equal quantities of carrot and lettuce juices, taken every day, also assists the development of hair. The combination of these juices is rich in components which are especially helpful for the growth of hair. Although preparing alfalfa juice, the leaves of the plant may possibly be utilized when they can be obtained fresh.
8. Certain home remedies have also been discovered helpful in the treatment of patchy baldness. The most beneficial of these remedies is the seeds of lime and black pepper, ground together to get a fine paste. This paste applied to the patches has a mildly irritant action. This increases blood circulation to the impacted location and stimulates hair development. The paste should be applied twice a day, for a few weeks.